I was talking with my husband, Alf, last night over a late dinner. I said, "Wouldn't it be totally cool if there were this little magic PATIENCE pills?" He just smiled at me.
No really, wouldn't it be cool? I so want to be more patient with my kids. Some days I have this bottomless pit FULL of patience. Other days...not so much!
I seem to be apologizing to my 5 year old, Trey, ALOT lately. If I hear, "Mommy, that hurt my heart!" one more time, I may turn into a puddle of tears on my kitchen floor.
Today is a NEW day! I am determined that my words, my tone of voice, and my face will communicate how madly in love with them I am!
(God - help me be an accurate reflection of who You are today! You are patience...)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
We used to sing this song in elementary "Have patience, have patience, dont be in such a hurry. When you get impatient you only start to worry. Remember, remember that God is patient too and think of all the times when others have to wait for you."
I find myself singing it sometimes when I think I am going to lose it with my pokey 4 yr old. Which is very often.
I get impatient with my dogs sometimes. Does that count?
You are doing a GREAT job, even though you think that you are not!
Love you forever,
Mama
I just start singing "A Spoonful of Sugar" or "The Joy of the Lord is my strength." Dancing like Clay helps too. Scary.
Post a Comment