Okay, so on to an epiphany I had recently.
In an endless attempt to have a "kept" house, my days would be filled with the mundane task of cleaning, tossing, scrubbing, sorting, etc. I had certain tasks I would do on certain days, but the cycle was completely ENDLESS. At the end of the day, I would fall into bed totally exhausted not really seeing the results I had envisioned. My mind was in direct correlation to my house...cluttered and overwhelmed.
I truly believe I have a "crafty diva" inside me somewhere screaming to get out. Here's the problem: I never got enough done throughout the day to warrant any fun, crafty time for me. Being a perfectionist, enough would never be enough to be able to reward myself with time doing what I enjoy. I would say things like, "Okay, when the pile on the counter in the kitchen is completely gone then..." Or, "When the front room is spotless then..." That "then" NEVER happened until I found FLYlady.
I am realizing that I can do 15 minutes here and 15 minutes there around the house, THEN do 30 minutes of something I enjoy. The tasks don't have to be completed in those 15 minutes because I can come back to them. The point is that I had to begin giving myself permission. What I decide to do during this "me" time is totally up to me and changes daily. Some days I spend all of my "me" time on the floor with the kids...with NO guilt. Other days I may call a friend, spend time on the computer, read a magazine then TOSS it. The possibilities are ENDLESS! :) I love this freedom!
So last week I got CRAFTY!! I've had all these plans for my daughter's room and none of them have been done. She is almost 9 months old now, so I had to get crackin'! Here is what I came up with for one of her walls:
I had a complete blast designing and painting her mirror and bow holder. I even included Alf in the project...he helped me fit the mirror into the frame and "sister pie" is his special name for Shaefer.
So what projects do you have lying around your house or cluttering up your mind begging to get out? Give yourself permission...I want to see PICTURES!! :)
9 comments:
LOVE IT!!!! That is awesome!!!
Ohhh yea and now we need to get the girlie some BOWS to fill up the bow holder :D If Autumn had her way we would have bought about 20 the other day when we were looking for a soccer bow for her!
Love you guys
Wow, Kelly, I'm impressed! That is too cute! Especially the "Sister Pie" part.
Did you use your new cricut for that? And yes I got one too, I absolutely love it!!!
very cute!!! go kelly ann!!!
So-o-o-o-o-o cute! You did a super job daughter of mine!
Love you forever,
Mama
SOOOO PROUD OF YOU. Of course I feel like a lame-o now. =) I'm so glad you understand.
Hey! I got your comment about my cruise. This blogging thing is so fun. I looked at your blog....haven't read all of them, just two days. But, I look forward to reading more. Which cruise did you go on? (What ship, out of where, and to where?)
You've been tagged.. check out my blog and see.. would love to see your answers if you have a chance :) laileandlinsi.blogspot.com
Oh and I love the art!!
Post a Comment