Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Today's Nuggets

Here is a quote from Oswald Chamber from my devotional book:

"The one passion of Paul's life was to proclaim the gospel of God. He welcomed heartbreak, disillusionment, and tribulation for only one reason - these things kept him unmovable in his devotion to the gospel of God."

I don't pray for an easy life anymore. I pray for a life totally centered on God. Then I ask Him to help me really mean that prayer! :)

Psalm 1:3
"He is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither. Whatever he does prospers."

God calls Himself "living water". I want to be planted wherever He is. He is ALL I need. There is no good in me apart from Him. Any fruit seen is only because of Him. I only want to make Him happy... that is TRUE prosperity to me!

Proverbs 1:7
"The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and discipline."

Proverbs 1:8
"Listen, my son, to your father's instruction and do not forsake your mother's teaching."


I pray that I have a healthy fear/respect of who He is. I don't want to be flippant about Him or what He does.

I pray that my children will have soft hearts towards Him. That they would learn and obey His voice. I pray that their hearts would be bent towards obedience and wisdom. I pray their obedience begins with us! :) I pray that we can be the parents God desires us to be.

No comments: