All I read: Hebrews 11:24-27
Best thing I marked: Hebrews 11:27 - "By faith he (Moses) left Egypt, not fearing the king's anger; he (Moses) persevered because he (Moses) saw him (God) who is invisible."
How it impressed me: The latter part of verse 27 hit me hard. It says, "he persevered because he saw him who is invisible." Moses encountered the One, True God. We are not always privy to why God does what He does. But I can hold on to and trust God's character during those times. I think Beth Moore said it best today in my devotional: "Remember that most of what God does is invisible - totally outside our realm of observation or understanding. We cannot base our faith on what He appears to be doing or how dramatically He answers our prayers - because faith founded on God's apparent actions is not faith at all. Attempting to exercise our faith according to what we can see cancels out that very faith." I desperately want this to be true in my life. I don't want to ride a spiritual roller coaster based on God performing tricks like a trained circus animal. I don't want to have the attitude of "Well, God didn't give me what I wanted/prayed for, so He must not be real." As his child, I have come to believe and understand that He, as my spiritual father, only desires the very BEST for me. He desires that my heart and my character be purified so that I can be used in the lives of others and be an accurate reflection of who He is. Some of what He allows to happen or gives me in my life may not seem like the BEST from my human perspective. But when I prayed, "Lord, do whatever it takes to make me like you!" I meant it! I don't always know WHY He does what He does, but I know WHO He is. That is enough for me!
God - I love you! I am nothing without you! Help me on my journey to know you better. Help me know who you are when I don't understand what you are doing. I trust you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
SO, I had to laugh when I saw that your group is taking a break from Psalms. I'm sorry I didn't get to see you, nothing went according to plan the past two weeks. I need to get that devotional....
Post a Comment