Yup, that is a raccoon in my pecan tree. When I first pulled in, he/she (who really knows??) was at the base of the tree probably pretty bummed that the trash was already taken by the city this morning. It took off up the tree. I'm sure it felt pretty trapped...Holley & Brock (my two "guard dogs") on one side of the fence and me in my Honda on the other. Luckily I had enough time to run inside to get my new camera. I knew Trey and Alf would LOVE it! I wish I would have gotten a few pictures of Brock. He was so proud!! He was strutting around like he was saying, "Look mom! I treed a coon!"
Thursday, March 13, 2008
Quite a surprise
The morning began like any other Thursday morning. Alf left early for work. The kids and I left a bit later to drop Trey off at preschool. Shaefer and I ran a few errands. As I pulled into my driveway, THIS is what greeted me:

Yup, that is a raccoon in my pecan tree. When I first pulled in, he/she (who really knows??) was at the base of the tree probably pretty bummed that the trash was already taken by the city this morning. It took off up the tree. I'm sure it felt pretty trapped...Holley & Brock (my two "guard dogs") on one side of the fence and me in my Honda on the other. Luckily I had enough time to run inside to get my new camera. I knew Trey and Alf would LOVE it! I wish I would have gotten a few pictures of Brock. He was so proud!! He was strutting around like he was saying, "Look mom! I treed a coon!"
Yup, that is a raccoon in my pecan tree. When I first pulled in, he/she (who really knows??) was at the base of the tree probably pretty bummed that the trash was already taken by the city this morning. It took off up the tree. I'm sure it felt pretty trapped...Holley & Brock (my two "guard dogs") on one side of the fence and me in my Honda on the other. Luckily I had enough time to run inside to get my new camera. I knew Trey and Alf would LOVE it! I wish I would have gotten a few pictures of Brock. He was so proud!! He was strutting around like he was saying, "Look mom! I treed a coon!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
So a few weeks ago I was actually doing the dishes (I ran out of sippy cups)and looked out the kitchen window to see a raccoon run across the back fence and leap into a tree that clearly couldn't hold its weight. The next thing you hear is the dog from the yard that the raccoon just landed in going crazy. I felt like I was watching a live cartoon, I was waiting for the fur to start flying over the fence. It's cool to see some semi-wild creatures still roaming the metroplex.
My grandmother used to feed a coon family on her back porch. We unintentionally continued the tradition by having cat food in the garage along with a cat door at our house on Bennington Ct.
Post a Comment