
This is one of my very favorite pictures of Trey & Shaefer. The way they are looking at each other brings tears to my eyes!

I know the day will come when the smiles and belly laughs are replaced with bickering and tattling, but for now I am hanging on to these moments...the moments that I pray are etched into their memories. The memory of Trey jumping up and down just to make Shaefer laugh. The memory of Shaefer "chasing" Trey around the living room. The way they cheer each other on when they try something new. There are many, many more...
My prayer each night while putting Trey to bed is that I would know how to nurture and cultivate a healthy relationship, a healthy friendship between my children. I know God will answer my prayer just like He answered Trey's.
2 comments:
Hey Kelly! Yeah, I actually read your blog ocasionally and even write in mine ocasionally! : ) HA. Hey, I was thinking about you praying that these times would be forever in your kids' memory. Well, I know you scrapbook and I think that's the way you can help them remember these times. Do you ever journal in your scrapbooks? You could write down the special things you remember between the two of them and as they grow up looking at those albums, it will be a constant reminder of the good things and special relationship they have...positive reinforcement...truth. I've always said I will only do scrapbooks for my baby's first year of life and then do regular albums with a few sentences of memories out to the side but now that I think about it, I need to be more purposeful and maybe continue the scrapbooks for the purpose of journaling. Maybe I can still journal a good amount in the regular albums. Scrapbooking can sometimes be so time consuming. Anyway, just a thought. : )
SWEET, SWEET, SWEET.
Post a Comment