Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Trey's First Day of Kindergarten



Monday was Trey's first day of Kindergarten. He was SO excited! I think it was easier than I thought it would be on me because Trey was READY to go. He had his bag packed, his clothes laid out, teeth brushed...raring to go! (THANK YOU to all my sweet friends who called the night before and the day of to check on me! It meant SO much to me!!)

I prayed long and hard about where to send Trey to school. I instantly fell in love with Treetops the first time I visited. It is a public charter school that sits on about 20 acres and depends on parent involvement though coop hours to run efficiently. Each family is required to volunteer a minimum of 80 hours per school year. The only downside is the drive...I will spend about 1 - 2 hours a day commuting to and from school. If this proves to be the best educational situation for my son, then it will all be worth it.

I just got a call from Trey's teacher. I am now the official "Classroom Coordinator" I am SO excited! It will be hard work, but I want to be an active part of Trey's education.

Let the year begin...

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so proud of you! You are the "room mom"! :) He looks like he is having a blast!!!!!

And on a sidenote, you look beautiful in the pictures!

Anonymous said...

What a boy!

Thank you for posting the pics of this special day.

I miss you all very much.

Dad

Anonymous said...

I loved that slideshow; what a handsome young man and so grown up! Looks like y'all made the day really special for him.

Delilah said...

I am so glad Trey loved his first day and that you survived. I am so not looking foward to next year and Mattie starting school. Oh, and p.s. I tagged you. Check out my blog to get the low down! Love ya...D

Purple Teacup said...

What adorable pictures. I am so happy he gets to go to school there. As that guy in the Waterboy says, "You can do it!"
Gosh you are a hottie. LOL