Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Mommy of the Year Award

I'm just prepping myself for all the judgemental looks and comments I will be receiving in the morning as Trey and I are at Walmart at 4:00am. I am going to join the ranks of all the stellar parents out there that drag their little ones around at all hours of the day and night. I can't wait!! Here's how it all started:

Last Thursday, Trey's teacher calls and begins the conversation with, "I don't want to worry you, but..." I absolutely LOVE his teacher, but SERIOUSLY...I was instantly worried! :) She called because Trey had a mild seizure during class that afternoon. This had never happened before! I got off the phone, picked Trey up from school and quickly called the doctor. (Keep in mind that Trey doesn't remember a thing and is his normal, hyper self.) Upon talking to the nurse, she said it sounded like Trey had a Petit Mal Seizure and the next usual step would be to have an EEG done. Once the test was approved by the doctor, they called to schedule the test. So tomorrow at 3:00pm, Trey will have a Sleep Deprived EEG done on his little brain. He is so excited! Not so much about the test, but the fact that he gets to stay up with daddy until 11:00pm tonight. :) He's not going to love it at all when he sees my smiling face at 4:00am tomorrow morning! The trick will be keeping him awake until his test tomorrow afternoon.

I am trying not to worry. Every parent wants their child to be completely healthy all of the time. I know in my heart that God is totally in control of this situation. I know in my heart that God loves Trey even more than Alf and I do. I know in my heart that God's awesome glory will be seen in this. The battleground is my mind...I have to keep my mind in check...under submission. I cannot allow it to go to the darkest of places. That is when I go back to the truth in my heart!

1 comment:

BrianTheGirl said...

I hope Trey is ok! We will definitely be praying for the little guy. Keep us updated and let us know if theres anything we can do...
I saw that Alf had posted on Facebook that Trey was getting a EEG so thanks for filling me in!
God is in control and will take care of him.
Me and Tim are here for you guys..We love you!