Monday, September 29, 2008

I got nuthin'...

Yup, that about sums it up...nuthin'!

Alf was gone all weekend at Lake Whitney for an All Chapter Wakeboard Church camping trip. I heard it was a blast! I was sad to miss it, but I wasn't ready to tent camp with Shaefer.

Trey and I had a pretty rough weekend as well. Apparently he doesn't want to be my son anymore...at least that is what he said at Walmart when I told him at least 10 times NOT to touch the conveyor belt at the self checkout line. All is well now. I knew the day would come when hurtful words like, "I hate you!", "I don't love you!", or "You are not a good mommy!" would be said. But it doesn't make it any easier when it does.

My sister, brother-in-law and I worked on the kitchen again this weekend. It is coming along nicely! Next weekend will be the countertop and backsplash! Another plus: NO CHARGING!! ALL CASH!!

Shaefer is asleep, so let's see what all I can get done... :)

5 comments:

BrianTheGirl said...

Im sorry to hear that Trey was being a pain this weekend. Although he may have said what he did, Im sure he really doesnt mean it. I mean who wouldnt want you as a mom! I know I would...
And definitely post up pics of the kitchen remodel. Even though I havent been to your house yet,I love to see remodel pics :)
January needs to get here quick so we can hang out!
Much <3

Bob McNeil said...

I'm sorry to hear that about Trey. He's usually such a sweet boy.

Sometimes harsh words hurt more than anything else, especially coming from the ones we love.

Parenting is the hardest job there is, filled with joy and sadness, and everything in between.

And, as you already know, there are good days.... and there are days that are not so good. But, you work your way through them with the realization that tomorrow presents another opportunity to guide, teach, and love your children.

Hang in there, sweetie!

Oh! By the way, I think you're wonderful.

And, I love you.

Dad

Unknown said...

Josiah told me I was a "rude mommy". it kills when they say those things. they know us so well and they know how to hurt us. :)

just FYI, it's hard to read the words on your blog. :)

i love you!

Purple Teacup said...

Um hello. You are redoing your kitchen? How come I didn't know about this. Ahem.

Anonymous said...

My son loves the conveyor belts too,and cannot keep his hands off of them. When I think of you and Trey, will pray the Lord gives you insight and wisdom into his little ways, not easy...please show kitchen pics!