Wednesday, September 24, 2008

A Quick Update

I've missed you guys! I wanted to give a quick update on what has been going on around here:

1.) Hurricane Ike - We have family in the Houston/Galveston area, so we had some visitors as they waited out the storm. Although I hated to watch all the devastation, I am glad we got to host and love on our family. As far as we know, they received little to no damage to their homes!

2.) Kitchen Remodeling - My sweet sister has struck again! She knows how much time I spend in my kitchen and she knows how much I would appreciate an updated kitchen. So, armed with a budget we headed to Lowe's and began to scheme! I've been taking pictures along the way, so I hope to post some of those soon. Who knew how much of a difference a coat of paint & some new fixtures could make?

3.) Half Marathon Training - Man, this training thing is HARD!! But, I am determined NOT to give up!! I've been running at the gym for the past few weeks trying to get my body into the groove. I have a funny story I will post later about how I almost flew off the treadmill last Monday. Yesterday I picked up my GARMIN, so this afternoon I will head outside for 3 miles.

4.) Wakeboard Church - WBC is going strong! God is still allowing Alf to do this thing full time! It is exciting and humbling to be a part of what God is doing. Last weekend Alf was able to spend the weekend with a family teaching them about their boat, wakeboarding and Jesus. It was such a sweet time! This weekend he will be leading an All Chapter WBC weekend on Lake Whitney. It will be an awesome time for all 4 WBC chapters to get together, ride together, worship together and have tons of fun. Since they will be camping, I have opted to stay home. I not quite ready to tent camp with an extremely curious 16 month old!

I guess that is about it for now!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have to say- I don't know how you run. I've tried adding running into my walking routine and I HATE IT! I get shin splits, so out of breath and just generally miserable. Any secrets I don't know about?