Wednesday, December 24, 2008

What a Gentleman!



Posted by Picasa
I don't know about you, but the 2 week Christmas break from school is something I always looked forward to as a kid. I wanted to do a few special things as a family to try to counteract all the chaos that surrounds this special season. I asked Trey what he would like to do on his break from school and he came up with a pretty good list! He wants to see LOTS of Christmas lights...check. He wants to play LOTS of video games with dad...check. Play with Shaefer...check. And last but not least: take me out on a date!

Yesterday was our date. He was SO cute! He asked Alf's permission to take me out the night before. Alf laid down the ground rules for taking out his wife...he even gave us a curfew! :) While I was getting dressed, so was Trey...all the way to his "boy smell" (that is what he calls Alf's cologne). Around 11:00am I was at the computer and he asked me if I was ready to go. I said absolutely, but you have to pick me up at the door. He went outside and rang the doorbell. Alf answered the door, reminded Trey of our curfew and off we went.

Our first stop was McDonald's for lunch. We ate in the play area and had some great conversation. Trey played a bit before it was time to go to the movies. We saw Madagascar 2: Escape to Africa. It was cute. Trey spent most of the movie with either his ears covered or his eyes closed. I love my sensitive boy! I know God is going to use that part of his personality in a huge way one day. Our last stop was a cookie store on Main Street. They make the most beautiful decorated cookies. We noticed they also serve Blue Bell Ice Cream! I opted for a warm cookie while Trey dove into his Birthday Cake flavored ice cream.

We had a great afternoon! I can't think if anything cuter than seeing my 6 year old open my door for me and hold my hand. I will cherish this time with him forever! I pray he does too!

4 comments:

Linsi said...

That is adorable!! WHat a great way to spend time with Trey, and to teach him even more how to be a gentleman at the same time!

BrianTheGirl said...

How adorable!!!!

Hey, I need your email so that I can add you to my blog. I changed the settings to invite only and I want to add you!!

Anonymous said...

loved that post and pics!! sweet boy....and mom!

The Summers Family said...

That's so precious!